photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-mrs_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-101_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-dc.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-decor_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-food_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-fashion_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-travel.png

Saturday, May 30, 2020

WEEKEND MUSINGS

EATING // Whelp! There's not a lot of eating going on around here these days. I'm in day two of my Pressed Juicery juice cleanse (#69 on my #101in1001) and hankering something fierce for a burger. The Hubs and I stumbled upon this juice shop while in LA, and although the juices are tasty, I have to remove myself from the kitchen when any meal is being prepared or consumed. If I've learned anything from this experience, it's how my life is driven by the next meal. And boy am I ready for solid food!

HOME*WORK // It's beautiful in Bozeman these days so we've focussed on getting our outdoor space in tip top shape with a new lawnmower and weed whacker. We'll plant a few things this weekend but I still need to buy a few pots for our porch to add a much needed punch of color and flair.


CRUSHING ON // My Hubs and Farm Girl Flowers' peonies. I like big blooms and I cannot lie and this year's flowers may be the best yet.

READING // At the cabin last weekend, I picked up Back in Six Weeks. I was desperate for a book and picked this short novel off the coffee table on a whim. Focussed on postpartum, military life and trauma it wouldn't have been my first pick at a library or a bookstore but I've oddly burned through this book without much effort. 

THANKFUL FOR // This post from Jacey Duprie about her fertility journey. After finally becoming pregnant in 2017, I shared a bit of our story here. It was healing for me but I also wrote it for other women experiencing any struggle to get pregnant and feel like Jacey's post is even more revealing and vulnerable. Fertility is a tough topic and I'm thankful more and more women are speaking out. Science these days has advanced what is possible but our society is still beholden to the expectations of what it means to be a wife and mom and how to make a traditional family. I'm hopeful that giving voice to more stories will break down the barriers that have kept us silent.

THINKING ABOUT // George Floyd. We all need to use our voices and our platforms to end racism in the United States. It's unconscionable that this is still happening in 2020 and we need to do better as individuals, do better as leaders and do better as humankind.

WATCHING // High Fidelity. Clearly the best distraction during a juice cleanse is the ever gorgeous Zoe Kravitz talking straight to the camera. I love this new adaptation with a woman in the driver's seat. 

WEARING // These denim sandals from Loeffler Randall. Get you some before they're gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio