photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-mrs_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-101_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-dc.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-decor_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-food_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-fashion_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-travel.png

Friday, May 8, 2020

Artist Spotlight: Laurie Fisher

As a new series, I'll be highlighting some of my favorite and very now artists. So let's get started!

I've always loved the way art can change your mood and Laurie Fisher's work without a doubt brings cheer. Her eye for color and nod to previous greats like Mark Rothko makes my heart flutter. 


I've followed Laurie for years and love seeing her work evolve, garner more enthusiasts and multiply. For color lovers like me, can it get any better? 


Laurie and her studio are based on Cape Elizabeth in Maine and it's clear much her natural surroundings influence her work of cool blues and sometimes bold tones. The Hubs and I have spent many summers in Westport Point, where his parents have a place and I can't help but feel a tie to Laurie's work there as well. Maybe it's something about those eastern coastal towns but whatever it is I'm here for it.
 

Join me in following this great artist and take a moment to peruse her work this weekend. I promise, you won't regret it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio