photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-mrs_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-101_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-dc.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-decor_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-food_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-fashion_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-travel.png

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Weekday Musings

EATING // Salads for lunch. A personal revelation? Not entirely, but I'm digging it. I desperately miss SweetGreen but there's nothing like it here in Bozeman. So instead of stealing another spoonful of Henry's mac n' cheese, I'm working on adding more leafy greens and finding winners like Goop's Bibb, Avocado and Tuna Salad with Tarragon Dijon Dressing. Any other salad lovers out there? What should I try next?

HOME*WORK // Working with our design forward and very thoughtful builder, I've been honing in on options for a built-in unit for our living room. Pulling inspiration from Dwell and Domino, I think I've settled on these light fixtures and a combination of open bookshelves and a few cabinet doors to hide Henry's growing pile of loot. The final configuration is still TBD, so stay tuned...


CRUSHING ON // Coffee. Out of oat milk, the last few mornings we've been ordering lattes from Treeline online and picking them up at the coffee shop's door. We love our at-home Nespresso but the frothy and deep flavor of their life giving cup is just so delicious and it feels good to continue to support our favorite haunts in the community. 

READING // Busy Philipp's This Will Only Hurt a Little. My GF sent me this book and I admittedly did not know who Busy was but once I started reading this refreshingly candid memoir, I haven't been able to put it down and am quickly becoming the newest member of her fan club. If you're in the market for a new book, give this one a try!

THANKFUL FOR // An escape. We're headed to my parents' cabin this weekend and we cannot wait to get out of town! We're also meeting my brother and his family as well as my mom and stepdad there. We've had Henry home for EIGHT weeks and are very ready to mix it up.

THINKING ABOUT // Date night. Even if it means ordering food in while we continue to shelter in place, the Hubs and I are committed to having a date night once a week for the next six months (#90 on my 101 in 1001 list). It's good to reconnect and focus on us after Henry is put to bed instead of just getting ready for tomorrow.  I'm even going to work on getting dressed for the occasion and pull out a few surprises.

WATCHING // Never Have I Ever. After a week of no TV for a week (#84), the Hubs and I immediately binged this new Netflix series written and inspired by Mindy Kaling and her childhood. Get ready for all the emotions. We LOVED every single episode of this teen coming of age comedy and are crossing our fingers for a second season. 

WEARING // Jeans (or at least sometimes). Every few days, I try on my jeans just to make sure they fit. Pajamas and yoga pants will have you believe all is well and jeans are the perfect reality check.

Alrighty, that's all for now folks. And if you love this pop of color, I highly recommend browsing Frea Buckler's new collection at Smithson Gallery - it's an instant mood booster!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio