photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-mrs_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-101_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-dc.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-decor_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-food_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-fashion_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-travel.png

Friday, May 29, 2020

#101in1001 Update

She's a goal digger, goal, goal digger! It's time for your monthly update on how I'm continuing to cross items off my #101in1001 list and making each day, THE dayThis month, I've checked off three items... 

✔ 26. Find Fenn Mountain. 

Whelp! We did find Fenn Mountain and hiked toward the top, but we need to head back to actually make it to the top. The Hubs and I had Henry in tow and got a later start than we anticipated due to the trailhead being washed out by spring runoff. But you guys! It's a gorgeous area to strap on hiking boots and the balsam roots were in peak bloom. 

A little background on why this is even on the list... Many many years ago, my parents spent their honeymoon backpacking in Montana and stole a trail sign from their trip that hung in my barn my whole life. And you better believe that sign was inscribed with Fenn Mountain, which is the last name of my now Husband. My Dad passed away when I was in elementary school but this trail sign remained in our barn until the Hubs came home to meet the family, we noticed the sign again and put two and two together. I love this connection to my dad and this old sign and can't help but feel like it was a message from him about my partner. Now we just need to seal the deal with a hike to the top of Fenn Mountain.


✔ 69. Do a detox/juice cleanse.  

Switching gears, I'm in day one of a three day juice cleanse and it's already getting real. It's hard for me to not just feel light-headed but I'm here for the moment of clarity. When does that happen?

✔ 84. Go without TV for one week.

We're not huge TV people but often find ourselves flipping on the television after dishes are done and Henry is down for the night. So to reset ourselves and what we do in the evening, we went without TV for a week. But this was during mid-quarantine with our toddler at home and we both have full-time jobs so instead this really meant we just worked more at night. I suppose I may have read a little more but I want to do this again for a real break. 

That's all for now, folks. Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio