photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-mrs_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-101_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-dc.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-decor_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-food_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-fashion_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-travel.png

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Weekday Musings

EATING // This pavlova for the 4th of July. The recipe comes from my GF Yossy Arefi. If you love dessert you definitely need her dessert for each season cookbook: Sweeter Off the Vine. Also... Go ahead and preorder Snacking Cakes because you know it's going to be damn delicious and full of more gorgeous photos.

HOME*WORK // Oui! We're finally admitting we need a robot vacuum. Anyone have any good recs? I'm also not so secretly very excited to watch Henry and the fur kids with our new addition and you better believe I'll be celebrating its arrival as a little win.


CRUSHING ON // Ever since this light piece caught my eye, I can't stop thinking about it. Like literally can't stop thinking about it. But there is no fitting spot in our house so it seems like a pipe dream or maybe you put it in your house and I can come visit post-COVID?

READING // Whelp now I've read up on potty training - like I literally read a chapter just devoted to pooping - I'm back in the game to read for pleasure. I picked up I'm Still Here: Black Dignity in a World of Whiteness. I'm only a chapter in but it is good and already eye opening. Although the protests have quieted and your social media feed may be back to normal, my journey to learn more about racial justice continues and I hope your journey continues too. Don't forget this post that with the help of readers has become a growing resource of information to further our collective education.

THANKFUL FOR // Masks. And although I know lots of designers are making an extra buck by producing masks, I'm also loving the creativity and those who are giving back the proceeds to help feed children during COVID, helping healthcare workers and hospitals. I'm loving this set and waiting for this one to be restocked. 

THINKING ABOUT // Potty training. Once you start to read and gear up for the next big life step, it's hard to think about anything else. It also means the end of having a baby and whelp taking paid time off to make sure our now toddler accomplishes his new life skill.

WATCHING // Gwyneth Paltrow continues to slay in the second season The Politician. Yes, Ben Platt is great too - and by great I mean amazing - but Gwyneth is in her element. If you haven't watched season one, start there and quickly binge into season two. With a nod to Election, you'll love this series perfectly timed for a big election year!

WEARING // I've been wearing these denim puffy knot sandals on repeat. No breaking in required, they are so darn comfortable and gorgeous in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio