photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-mrs_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-101_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-dc.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-decor_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-food_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-fashion_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-travel.png

Thursday, July 2, 2020

RECIPE 14: Perfect Steak with Buttered Radish Toast

On the eve of America's birthday, I never would have thought I'd be here writing about steak.

Yes, I'm from Montana but red meat has never really been my jam. In fact, it's kind of a joke around here because every time I leave town the Hubs eats steak.


But here I am because as Alison says in Dining In... "I've met the one." Her Perfect Steak with Buttered Radish Toast is literally the best steak I've ever had. Like for real, the best steak I've ever eaten. 

We served our steak alongside her Vinegared Romaine Salad (also quickly becoming a regular at our house) and were completely pant-busting-but-happy full. 

Happy Hubs

The Hubs really cooked the steak perfectly in the cast iron skillet - perfect crusty exterior, juicy and tender interior, somewhat sweet, garlicky and not chewy. This steak also taught me all steaks are not equal - the cut and the way they're cooked make all the difference - which is perhaps why steak has not been my thing. 

Anyways... the freshness of the radish toast is the perfect pairing. The parsley, anchovy, caper mix under the radishes is truly a delight and something I couldn't get enough of. Especially when some spilled onto the steak. Is your mouth watering yet? Because I'm there. 

So do yourself a favor, buy the book and make this steak and toast ASAP...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio