photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-mrs_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-101_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-dc.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-decor_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-food_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-fashion_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-travel.png

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

WEEKDAY MUSINGS

EATING // All the Alaska King Salmon. Our neighbor's buddy fishes in Alaska part of the year and hooked us up with 20 lbs at less than $10/pound. We love Ina's salmon with melting tomatoes. Any other recs out there?

HOME*WORK // Ugh. A couple of weekends ago, we decided one small wall in our family room should match our dark grey paneled accent wall for a full effect in the space. It seemed like a pretty straightforward job but a small miscommunication led our painter to give us wrong color information. Now we have a BLACK HOLE and it's killing my sunshine - please send help!

A weekday cheers (and Gray Malin's genius!)

CRUSHING ON //
Jacey Duprie's "modern mariniere" collaboration with Summersalt. We're headed to Palm Springs for our annual pilgrimage and I'm 100% certain I need the polka dot triangle bikini with lace-up bottoms. I haven't worn a two-piece in at least 5 years but with this suit, I'm ready to bare it all. Now just restock ASAP, please!

READING // When my bestie Paulo recommends anything, I hop to it. So when he said he loved Red, White and Royal Blue, I immediately downloaded the book on Audible and took it on the road with me across the state for a long work road trip. I was happy to learn it's the perfect book for getting in the Valentine AND election spirit. It also has some very DC scenarios that pulled on my heartstrings and made me a bit nostalgic. This romcom did not disappoint,

THANKFUL FOR // Snow (and dare I say a consistent temperature drop?!) We've witnessed extreme highs and lows here in Montana the last few months. This past weekend it was sunny and 50 degrees but less than 24 hours later we had over six inches of snow. I'm not a scientist but I know that if this temperature ping-pong continues, it does not bode well for summer. No snow results in fires, smokey skies and I just can't!

THINKING ABOUT // Bailing on The Bachelor, because I can't think about SOTU or the impeachment vote today. Yes, Pilot Pete is adorable but he's one lost puppy and the girls seem too extra this season. But it's also one of those car crash scenarios and I can't look away. I mean, who bumps his head while getting into a golf cart and smashes a glass to his forehead? Apparently lovesick Peter Weber. Are you tuning in this season? How you feelin' about ol' Pete?

WATCHING // Netflix's The Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez. You guys! If you love thrillers and true crime, this documentary is for you! It's got a real Serial vibe with recorded interviews from prison and makes you sympathize with the complicated Patriot footballer despite knowing the evidence. I just could not stop watching. But if that's not your jam... The GoopLab with Gwyneth is fascinating. It's definitely more Goop indoctrination but I'm here for it. 

WEARING // I'm a goal digger and with Palm Springs two and half months away, I'm laser focussed on crossing off #91 (working out five times a week for six weeks) on my #101in1001 list. I'm generally "in shape" but I'd love to be fully toned. What's your favorite workout gear? This girl is ready to sweat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio