photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-mrs_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-101_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-dc.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-decor_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-food_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-fashion_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-travel.png

Saturday, March 21, 2020

10 Quarantine Activities

Staying home during the coronavirus pandemic does not have to be a drag. Get outside for a well distanced walk and when you return dive into one of these homebody approved activities and keep doing you...
  1. Workout. I'm finishing off week six of my #101in1001 goal to work out 5 times a week for three months. Nothing like endorphins to flip the switch. Join me?
  2. Snail mail. COVID-19 or not, I'm all about sending cards and letters. With everyone feeling
    isolated these days, a surprise in the mail helps spread some much needed joy. I even ordered THIS custom stationary to make it personal for Henry. 
  3. Doubling down on cooking. I know you've been following along while Paulo and I cook Alison Roman's Dining In. Now is the time to try a recipe and tag #pandwdinein.
  4. "Dates" at home. Taking a page from Jacey Duprie, I set up dinner for the Hubs and I at our coffee table this week with candles, cloth napkins and the fireplace on high. Simply changing locations and setting the scene felt romantic and elevated.
  5. Puzzles, board games, oh my! I'm a total nerd for this stuff anyways and now just have an excuse. We finished our first puzzle early in the week and can't wait to break out another for quarantine week two!
  6. Facetime phone dates with family and friends. My GF had the great idea of having dinner together virtually. Thanks to our respective toddler terrorists, we ended up just drinking wine but it was so fun to connect with each other as a foursome again.
  7. Read more. For real. Falling into more TV time only increases my anxiety and books always give me an escape. And now I've finally finished Catch and Kill, I'm ready for something on the lighter side and am about to start Sally Rooney's Conversations with Friends.
  8. Organize. We've been in our house since the end of the September but still have a lot of organizing to do in our drawers, closets, fridge etc. All of it takes care and time to measure and figure out so it's easy to put off, but nothing like being homebound to add some motivation.
  9. Closet cleanse. Poshmark, Poshmark, Poshmark. This app is tailor-made for quarantine. Log in, put your unworn clothes online to sell, make a sale and print off your prepaid shipping label. Next step is just dropping the package off at the Post Office or a USPS box, no need for any face to face interaction. I've sold over $900 worth of clothing and home goods and feel like I'm just getting started - cha-ching!
  10. Up your beauty game. Hair masks anyone? Or what about these at home gel nail kits I've been dying to try. Now is the time, people!
Keep others safe by staying home, shopping your favorite small businesses online and picking up takeout from the restaurants you love when you can't cook anymore, we're all in this together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio