photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-mrs_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-101_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-dc.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-decor_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-food_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-fashion_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-travel.png

Friday, May 4, 2018

Weekday Musings

With one month under our belts, I'm ready to get back into the swing of things with my adorable sidekick baby Henry! So bear with me while I dive back into the blogging game, I may be a little rusty...

EATING // Everythaannng! Y'all, I thought I was hungry when I was pregnant but that was before I'd ever breastfed. Holy buckets! Nothing prepared me for my constant desire to eat. As a consolation prize - it seems the more I eat, the more milk I produce... Winning, right?!

HOME*WORK // No surprise, our new addition requires a lot of stuff. Which means my work on the house right now is pretty basic - i.e. finding places to hide ALL the things so our house doesn't become THAT house. You guys know what I'm talking about... Today, I pledge to maintain some sense of style and design regardless of the baby gyms and play mats. Please keep me accountable!

CRUSHING ON // Gwyneth Paltrow and the Goop Podcast. You guys! It's fire. Her first episode is an interview with Oprah... OPRAH! Load it up on your phone ASAP. Word on the street is that listening to this podcast goes well with coffee and/or rose!

READING // Orlando Soria's Get it Together. This book is laugh out loud funny and the perfect read while Henry naps or feeds. Yes, it's a design book but it's also about life and in the words of the wise Tim Gunn... making "it work!" Plus Orlando himself is just awesome, follow him on Instagram for an instant social media feed brighter, this guy is GOLD!

THANKFUL FOR // My growing mom tribe. The sisterhood among moms is strong. Through social media and technology, I've reconnected with so many mom friends near and far. The outpour of love and support for this new adventure was unexpected but I count my lucky stars because these wonderful ladies have given me strength on the hard days and also helped me learn to celebrate the small wins.

THINKING ABOUT // After reading Bringing up Bebe, the Hubs and I are much more conscious about how we parent Henry. We are working on not becoming American helicopter parents and  maintaining a version of our previous no child lifestyle which means continuing to meet friends out, a daily walk at the Congressional Cemetery and going out to eat. We know it may not always be possible but we also know that these are the things that make our daily lives full so here goes nothing!

WATCHING // Handmaid's Tale. Admittedly, the first season of this show sucked us in with its dystopian state and our parallel worries given the last major election. And now with season two, we're back in... Despite our growing annoyance with June and her carelessness, we look forward to Hulu's new episode release every Wednesday.

WEARING // All the beauty products. While pregnant, I created an extensive list of beauty products I wanted to try during maternity leave - including everything from liquid eyeliner to these collagen lip masks everyone and their mother seems to be raving about... And thanks to AmazonPrime, the arsenal of goods has arrived. As I work my way through these new beauty products, look for my reviews and advice here... My critiques may not be as titillating as a Bravo Housewives reunion but I PROMISE to be honest - no sponsorships here (although if you want to sponsor anything, contact me! Seriously... my email is mrsonhst@gmail.com)

* Image credit and inspiration via Anthony Burrill. We love Mr. Burrill's "Work Hard and Be Nice to People" and may just NEED this one for our walls too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio