photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-mrs_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-101_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-dc.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-decor_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-food_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-fashion_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-travel.png

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Life by Design

Henry's first museum and exhibit... Burning Man at the Renwick, obviously!
Our best shot at living colorfully (photo via Josh)
This boy and ALL the patterns (one month!!)
Henry's first dinner out... Little Pearl (get the mussels and the burger with your wine, enough said!)
Lately life has been in the fast lane but in a really old and slow minivan... Let me explain... My days are now broken up into three hour chunks devoted to feeding, changing and easing Henry into naps. While individual tasks seem slow, life is in warp speed. How is our beautiful boy already five weeks?! FIVE WEEKS! You guys, that seems impossibly long because I swear we just came home from the hospital. Somehow the calendar says otherwise but I'm still in denial...

Regardless of my conflict with time, I am 100% loving motherhood, maternity leave and being home together as a family. As predicted, we continue to stay busy with walks, dinners, museums, family and friends. We are truly smitten with our life by design.. now just to get this boy out into the woods!

2 comments:

  1. What kind of stroller did you opt to get? Are you liking it so far? I need advice--due in July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We bought the UPPAbaby Vista during Nordstrom's Black Friday sale and have no regrets. But before I start my longwinded love song, know we live in the heart of a city and do a lot of walking right out the front door. If I had to lug the UPPAbaby Vista around and wasn't walking a lot, I think my song would sound a lot more like Miley Cyrus's "Wrecking Ball" - it's a beautiful rig but it's heavy, expensive and quite substantial!

      UPPAbaby was recommended by several of my city dwelling girlfriends and we were immediately drawn to its seamless ability to multitask. For example, when you purchase the stroller - the frame, a bassinet and a toddler seat plus a rain guard and bug net are included. We don't have a lot of space so anything that can serve more than one function is a winner in our book!

      Since bringing Henry home from the hospital he's been sleeping in the stroller's bassinet on a bassinet stand I got for under $40 from Amazon (don't buy the UPPAbaby brand bassinet stand - it's crazy expensive and you'll only need it for a short time!)

      Another plus to the UPPAbaby stroller is that the Mesa carseat clicks directly onto the stroller frame which can make getting out and about that much easier - and speaking from my short experience with a 5 week old - every little bit helps! #ittakesavillage

      Delete

 

design + development by kelly christine studio