photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-mrs_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-101_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-dc.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-decor_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-food_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-fashion_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-travel.png

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

It's been 6 plus months...

It's been six plus months... since my last confession and I've eaten no less than my weight in Halloween candy and Ina Garten's rigatoni with sausage and fennel.

But you guys! The Bozeman move finally happened and we couldn't be happier. Literally we wake up grinning ear to ear... and we're obnoxiously happy. Yes, we're those people (face palm) but it's funny
what a place can do to you, especially a place you built.

So let's get right into it, shall we?!

EATING // We made a dank snack this past Sunday. Believe it or not, I'd never roasted a whole head of garlic. So while I peered into our new oven with fear at a softly tinfoil'd ball, I realized what a revolution for me as a cook. Without new oven stress, roasting garlic is dang easy and DAMN delicious! Don't believe me? Take the time for Food52's Crispy Brussels Sprouts and Roasted Garlic Lemon Aioli.

HOME*WORK // The garage is still Mount Vesuvius partially because of the height of the
remaining boxes but also because each box was packed with no care by our movers and may destroy
my heart with its messy hot lava contents. JK, but what's real is that it's been a journey and I'm quickly tiring of opening boxes of random things just thrown together.

We also have a ton of settling in to do... But we can't wait to share our home with you. For a few sneak peeks, follow me on Instagram and via #ProjectBoylan... I simply can't help myself.

CRUSHING ON // Tata Harper's Illuminating Eye Creme. I recently purchased Tata's moisturizing body oil (winter is coming/already here) and selected the eye creme as a free sample on a whim. I don't know how Tata does it but I swear this magic in a bottle gives this tired mama a dewy glow that could only be achieved by lots of diamond dust. Literally diamond dust is an ingredient! Each use makes me feel closer to Gwyneth, which is an obvious added benefit.

READING // I recently sped through Ruth Ware's The Turn of the Key - which was the perfect read for getting spooky around Halloween. Not amazing writing but entertaining nonetheless. Now I'm a few short pages away from finishing A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult, which should be required reading. Oprah calls this book "a nail biting thriller" but it's much more than that as it tackles a fictional shooting at an abortion clinic. Piccolo's skill in writing about this emotional hot-button issue while simultaneously putting a human face on it is startling.

THANKFUL FOR // The power of google docs. For the past year, I've been tracking and planning our furniture needs of our new house in a google spreadsheet. This spreadsheet automatically updated its budget while also tracking our current on-hand furniture, new selections, sales, prices, the quantity needed and final purchases! Dare I say this nifty tool was the secret weapon to keeping our happy marriage as I was able to design our space while also keeping our finances in check? 100% yes. And now we're almost fully furnished, there's a little bit of me that misses it.

THINKING ABOUT // DC. We're heading back to our former hometown for Thanksgiving and excited to see family, friends and revisit some of our favorite haunts. We'll lunch at Le Diplomate, snag coffee and treats from Little Pearl (now a Michelin star restaurant - eep!), take a spin around our favorite museums and of course stop by Salt & Sundry for a few necessities (mainly candles and hand towels).  DC folk, what's new that we can't miss?

WATCHING // Whelp, Silicon Valley is back on and I'll just leave it HERE...

WEARING // These Jeffrey Campbell Culvert Sherpa Combat Boots. They're incredibly comfortable  and responsible for keeping me warm and stylish on some of the most frightfully cold days. I snagged them early during Shopbop's site-wide sale. Who would have predicted me in combat boots? I sure didn't see it coming but I have no regrets.

Well... that about does it...  I'm excited to reconnect! Now take on the day like Bey, okay?! And come back Friday because I'm doing a snappy roundup of my favorite gifts this holiday season.

P.S. Dope Iris Apfel portrait by Victoria Villasana

2 comments:

 

design + development by kelly christine studio