photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-mrs_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-101_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-dc.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-decor_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-food_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-fashion_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-travel.png

Friday, June 1, 2018

Weekday/end Musings

EATING // Frozen dairy! Whether it's ice-cream or gelato, Henry and I are touring DC's best frozen treats to beat the heat during my maternity leave. Favorites include Jeni's for ALL the flavors (14th Street NW), Pitango Gelato for pistachio and local rhubarb (Capitol Hill), MilkBar for cereal milk soft-serve with sprinkles and the cornflake crunch - OBVIOUSLY (City Center) and Bon Matcha for Matcha soft-serve (19th and I Street NW). SQUEEE! And have you heard DC is soon to have a MilkBar flagship that will roll out experimental desserts weekly? I think I found a new side gig... Chief of the Test Kitchen! The flagship opens THIS Saturday (June 2nd) so watch out!

HOME*WORK // The silver-lining to our east coast torrential rain is that our flowers are near perfect. Last year, we missed our blooms but this year our hydrangeas are on fleek! Don't believe
PSA: happy life, happy wife... happy mommy! Graphic via Letters are Lovely.
me?! See here as "Exhibit A." 

CRUSHING ON // DC's new Line Hotel. While my bestie Nicole was visiting, we finally made the trek to this former Christian Science church now hotel and OMG... It is everything I dreamed of and more! If the Line wasn't in the most inconvenient neighborhood in the city (Adam's Morgan is kind of the worst) - I would be there today, tomorrow and always! Of course we ate at Eric Bruner-Yang's Brothers and Sisters... That Potato Rosti Eggs "Benedict"... Yeah... No matter that parking is like poking your eyes with needles, I can't wait to return! Even to just lounge in the space... The Line is beyond beautiful! 

READING // Per recommendation, I read All the Ugly Wonderful Things and loved this tragic story that ended with sunshine. As the divisions in our country seem to increase daily, this smartly written novel was a great reminder about how fortunate we are to have our life in DC and a healthy, happy little boy. It also highlights what truly matters - not money, not objects or possessions - but L-O-V-E!

THANKFUL FOR // The human body. Almost two months out from my c-section, I'm shocked at how fast my body has recovered. I hit my first workout class over the long weekend and my goodness did it feel great! Moderating myself and not over doing it remains tough but when I hop back on that yellow SoulCycle bike this weekend... It will take everything in me not to belt out Gloria Gaynor's "I will survive!"

THINKING ABOUT // I'm officially half way through my maternity leave and although I get a full 16 weeks home with my guy, it already feels too soon to go back at the end of July. Especially now Henry has started smiling. You guys! My heart nearly exploded with that first sign of his upturned lips. I just can't even! Please make time slow down... 

WATCHING // Eeeek the drive-in at Union Market is back for a new season! Weather permitting, tonight we'll be cuddled up with Henry watching Clueless. Click here to see what's playing next... 

WEARING // My new mom uniform. Always a fan of jeans and a t-shirt, I find myself wearing this classic pair on repeat. I'm currently obsessed with this soft tee from Cuyana and these distressed Frame jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio