photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-mrs_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-101_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-dc.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-decor_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-food_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-fashion_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-travel.png

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Going Dark



UPDATED: For 24 hours and our last full day in Palm Springs (I know, what?!!), the Hubs and I unplugged. No cell phones, social media etc. We went old school folks, and just spent the day with each other and our camera. We brought one phone with us for directions and in-case of emergency but used the phone at a minimum. A total unplug was #46 on my 101 list and what better place to give it a try?! 

So what happened? With an upgraded rental car (I mean an extra $10 to rent a convertible, why not?!), we headed to Joshua Tree National Park. What a magical place with such likeness to the planet Mars. The Dr. Seuss vibe is strong and I could go on and on about the Park but back to unplugging… The Hubs and I were completely undistracted and able to fully take in not only our surroundings but each other. Believe it or not neither of us missed our electronics for a minute between the Park, In & Out, a walk about town and dinner. And once the 24 hours ended and after I quickly scrolled through Instagram, all I could think was next time we need 48 hours. Give it a try and let me know what you think. And if you need to get more philosophical about it, might I suggest Hamlet’s Blackberry by William Powers that challenges the assumption that more connectivity is better. Get weird folks, it’s worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio