photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-mrs_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-101_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-dc.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-decor_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-food_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-fashion_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-travel.png

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Weekend Musings

EATING // Constantly. At 34 weeks and after a stomach flu and food poisoning, my hunger has definitely escalated! Who's been hitting the MacDonald's drive through for basic hamburgers? This girl! I'm normally pretty careful about what I put in my body (not to Gwyneth Paltrow "my body is a temple" level) but there is something about Mickey D's these days that is calling my name... And damn is it delicious!

HOME*WORK // We are just a few items away from having baby boy's room ready for the big reveal... And, you guys, I just can't wait! So much so I already gave you a preview here... Whoops!

CRUSHING ON // Cuyana's latest release for spring. I mean this sweater could be a great option for nursing and maintaining some sense of style and self, right? It's officially now on my postpartum wish list...

READING // David Sedaris's Theft by Finding (1977-2002). Although I have devoured many of his other books, this one isn't a winner for me and in some ways just makes me happy the man survived through some of the early years of these journals. I love David on NPR and especially on This American Life but this book has been a tough one to get through.  It's saving grace and why I keep reading? The entries are short so when I'm up in the middle of night with the baby on board, it's easy for me to read a few pages and put it down to get back into bed.

THANKFUL FOR // Our friends and family. The weekend before last was our baby shower and this baby could not be more loved. My two best friends from college, mom and mother-in-law hosted a magical afternoon full of great food and laughter. It was such a solid gathering of people from all parts of my life, it's something I'll never forget. Our journey to get here has not been the easiest but these are the people that gave us strength to keep one foot stepping in front of the other.

THINKING ABOUT // My lists and google docs. In these final weeks before baby's arrival, my love for such things has gotten a bit out of control. We still have so much to do but one way I destress is by drafting an action plan and carrying it out. Whether it's a trip to Ikea or Target, we're armed and ready and thank gahhhd for AmazonPrime!

WATCHING // The Bachelor... duh! Although the Hubs and I are not the biggest fans of Arie (I mean who isn't bored with him?!) We still look forward to this little unreal reality show each week. The travel alone this season is topnotch but we're looking forward to more drama. Speaking of drama, anyone watching the Bachelor Winter Games?

WEARING // Pajamas. At this point, PJs are what's most comfortable. I am in search of a new pair for my hospital bag but nothing I've seen thus far has sealed the deal so please send any recs!

* Image credit from one of my favorite blogs... One Fine Day! Ashley is taking a blogging break right now but save her site to your favorites because once she's back you won't want to miss a thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio