photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-mrs_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-101_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-dc.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-decor_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-food_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-fashion_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-travel.png

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Weekday Musings

It's been over 30 days since my last confession (AKA blog post) and let me level with you - this past month has been a whopper. In fact, 2017 has been a real bust. In January we lost my grandfather on my dad's side and before I could get home to celebrate his life, we lost my grandma on my mom's side to a painful and unrelenting tumor.

My grandma was the definition of a matriarch - she truly was the glue that held our tribe together and now that she's gone I feel alone in a way that's tough to explain. I write this while sitting next to the most adoring (and handsome) husband who has stayed true and steady. But although I have my partner in crime, I still feel isolated and my heart aches as if its on its last leg.

Cidney Munn Brown was 99 years old and lived a full and joyful life. Her style not flashy but colorful and classic. Her size petite but her personality full of spunk and energy. She hummed as she worked and fiercely loved her family.

Grandma's love was such a force she did not just become part of your heart but was right alongside your left ventricle pumping blood and life into the rest of your body. Today I'm learning to live without her and for now that means I'm taking it day by day. So for starters here's a shortened (and FUN) version of Weekday Musings...

EATING | NYT sea salt chocolate chip cookies. You guys, I'm not generally a fan of chocolate chip cookies but these little morsels are divine! Maybe it's the sea salt?! Plus, isn't the secret to a happy hubby keeping him supplied with cookies? As such I've decided to embark on a bit of a cookie quest and will try to bake on the regular. Check back here for frequent updates!

CRUSHING ON | Jesse Tyler Ferguson is a Montana native and my most favorite to follow on Instagram. His profile says it all: "Mitch on 'Modern Family.' Activist, Red head, aspiring professional food cooker person." Take a gander and get ready to smile BIG!

READING | I just finished up The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney and as the reviews promised it's big hearted and hot damn hilarious! Pick up this little novel for a long flight and I promise you won't be disappointed.

WATCHING | "Veep" is back, need I say more?!  Not only is the quick wit of this show still on point but Julia Louis-Dreyfus's wardrobe is only getting better and better. Gahhhh if only I could afford this political elite's killer closet - I mean... Season Six is a must watch!

WEARING | Gahhh... I crossed off #56 on my 101 in 1001 list... I told you I'd do it!

* Photo by Jaclyn M. (My grandma despised this photo because she said she "looked old!" - mind you it was taken when she was 95 (!!!) and since its printing this photo was displayed prominently on her dresser just as it sits on mine...)

1 comment:

  1. This is such a moving tribute, Whit. What a woman she was. Thinking of you with all our love. (Also, loving the rest of your post and yes, Selina Meyers' closet!)

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by kelly christine studio