photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-mrs_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-101_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-dc.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-decor_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-food_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-fashion_1.png photo TheMrsonHStreetNav-travel.png

Monday, April 11, 2016

Weekday Musings

*Officially adding the Sugar & Cloth Color Wall to my bucket list, thanks for the tip Ashley!

Eating | Momofuku Milk Bar. Although we haven't ventured out to see the new digs here in DC (yes, be jealous, we got a Milk Bar and noodle place!), I've been baking it up - brownie pie, birthday cake, grasshopper pie, confetti cookies... My goodness Girl Scout cookie season just ended but you wouldn't know it with all the sweets in our house!

Home*Work | You've heard the rumor about when you're a homeowner, the work is never done.  It's all truth! We're currently looking to add a chair rail and wallpaper to our kitchen and a feature wall in our "dining room." THANK YOU contractor Steve! :)

Crushing On | Leather jackets...! I'm calling it a right of passage once you turn 30. Maybe I've finally turned the corner like Sandy in Grease and one of the edging girls? Don't count on it but there is something about the smell of leather. What do you think of this one? Or this one?

Reading | My girlfriend Yossy came out with a dessert cookbook you guys and it is GORGEOUS!  I'm pawing through Sweeter Off theVine and loving all the explanations and the photography is simply divine! Do yourself a favor and pick up her book stat!

Thankful For | Spring flowers and the promise of sunny non-humid DC days.

Thinking About | My family. My grandma turned 98 this past December and is still one of the coolest cats I know! Her health is declining and it makes being across the country feel like I'm across the world. The hubs and I need to buy tickets home stat!

Watching | Madam Secretary! How as a resident of the District has it taken me this long to find this show.  Love a powerful political woman!

Wearing | My winter jacket... AGAIN!  Argg, see above where I'm thankful for spring flowers... Whelp we're dealing with quite the cold front.  I mistakenly took all my winter duds to the dry cleaner so they'd be ready for next year and as soon as I put them in the back of the closet... SNOW!  Snow people! I guess next time I'll wait until August before putting them away.

Now... how's your week lovely??

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio